Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone else have trouble getting the popup lock tweak to work correctly?

Hi, Noob here....

I am using WD7 and trying to get the popup lock to work correctly. My problem is that the tweak only partially works. The tweak seems to lock the popups from closing as it should, and the java script , "my_close('mypopup')" closes the popups. However, when i try to add a string to the javascript to open and/or close multiple popups simultaneously, the open javascript wont work. This is killing me because i cannot move forward until I figure this out

T.I.A.

Default Re: Does anyone else have trouble getting the popup lock tweak to work correctly?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The best thing I can suggest is to read the HTML Help file.

I suspect that what you are trying to do may not be possible.

Default Re: Does anyone else have trouble getting the popup lock tweak to work correctly?

Never underestimate the power of Xara

A quick visual tutorial.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I frequently have problems with locked popups. Just today I spent two hours when the popup stopped closing, even though nothing had changed in the layer, the tweak, the named object or anything related.

I need to study Drwyd's file, but it solves another goal of mine -- multiple popups. A while back, somebody posted a Xara website which had only one file/page, but 5-6 pages all on layers. Lightening fast, and had little if any graphics on the higher layers -- so thanks!

I received this from the Xara Whisperer:

Yes, what Makingspace wants is perfectly possible.
    Just a matter of following the directions as you suggested.

Here's how it's done, sample file included:
    http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=2371#p23728

The link doesn't work -- not for me anyhow

Thank you, but unfortunately this link does not work.

Yes, I did read the tutorial enclosed in the tweak set, but its not working as it describes.

Thank you. This is interesting, but how would you open one layer and close all others, at the same time. That is my conundrum.

actually, i answered my previous question by deleting "layer3" from the java string in the open all button and just typing open "layer3" in the close all button....but is that how XD7 works by default. I guess my follow up question is whether or not there is a tutorial on all the scripts you can put into the url string for various effects?