Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Arrow New project ... furniture

I just uploaded my latest project ...

http://mobili-wohnen.de

The customer created a new series of furniture, with a switchable "dot" as the trademark - you can change it and customize most items. The design of the website was given by my customer, I would have chosen a different one - but he pays, so he is the boss :-)

There is also an english version ... most text were given to me by a native speaker, but I had to translate some parts myself! If you notice any mistakes, please let me know!

Comments, critics appreciated!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: New project ... furniture

This is a very beautiful site. I haven't had time to closely check the entire english version but it looks very good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Are the displays done in Xara or is it actual furniture? If it is a drawing and not actual furniture extremely well done.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Albacore,

the pictures are real :-)

P.S. I just noticed that I posted in the wrong forum (should be posted in Web Gallery) - maybe one of the mods can move this thread!

I love this site. It is clean, simple and elegant. The client would have been very happy.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello D14media, the thread has been moved but a redirect was left in the other forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

it's not my cup of tea, i'm afraid, but, as you say, the design was directed by the client, not by you

the home page doesn't tell you at all what this company does, what makes them special, why i should enter the site - to me it's cold, grey, unappealing and unattractive. you can do that when you're a big fish in a small pond, not when you're a small fish in a big pond

the strapline “The future isn’t any more, what it was before” leaves you wondering what kind of marketing genius is behind this company

I think, if you're going to put a quote on a website with a, hopefully, international audience, you'd better be sure (a) it's correct and (b) who it's attributed to. I think “The future isn't what it used to be” (which is, i think, what your quote is supposed to be) was said by Yogi Berra, not his rival Casey Stengel. please correct me if i'm wrong
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

As I mentioned earlier, I like this site a lot, but Beretgascon has a point about the landing page. I really love the eyecatching pages that highlight the furniture, and I think a page like this one http://mobili-wohnen.de/english/hifi.htm would entice visitors to explore beyond the landing page. This page is elegantly simple yet dramatic at the same time. You could use this same format and the same picture but change the text to a very brief description of what the the site is about. And this page is great too, with the eye popping candy green http://mobili-wohnen.de/english/wallunit01.htm . You could still use it in the body of the site, but I really think one of these pictures with the black background would work well on the front page and immediately visually tell visitors to the site what the business is all about. Cheers, Abi

Thanks for your comments ... I'm glad to hear that!

I also made the suggestion to give the black background to ALL pages not only those that display the furniture pictures, but the client rejected!

I will also give him a hint regarding the quote ... the text came from him and I never checked the quote (my bad, I guess)!

Really good site there, sometimes clients can be their worst enemy, when will they listen? The furniture is really good and almost looks rendered such are the clean lines.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk