Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Youtube Creating a Maple Dipped Doughnut

A video tutorial that shows the steps to create a sweet yummy doughnut covered in a thick layer of mapley goodness! I have also posted the .xar for my doughnut in the Clipart Gallery for anyone who wants a closer look or just to use it as clipart.

Note: one thing I forgot in the video was to change the shadows on the icing layers to a dark brown colour.

And as this tutorial makes use of named colours, if maple isn't your thing you could make it chocolate or vanilla cream

Last edited by angelize; 04 January 2012 at 03:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Creating a Maple Dipped Doughnut

Frances, first a short story. In the early 90s I was a forum moderator for Compuserve. I'm much to old for that now, 70.

I keep wanting to say how much I enjoy watching your contributions here. None of it has much to do with my own needs, but we all need to reward your level of dedication whenever (and wherever) we see it.

Thanks MarketingDude. I'm glad that I have been able to share and contribute here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Well done Frances, another very good vid.tutorial, will start drawing today and judging by the replies you recieved for the depth vid. on your listenable, relaxed voice, looks like your becoming "the voice of TG."

Stygg

Just followed your tutorial, copied it line-for-line, and now I'm heading up to Tim's for a double-double and a maple-dip. Thanks. Learned a lot!
    Bev

Thank you Stygg and Bev, The voice to TG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very well done Frances.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Frances, thanks! I've gotten rafts of tips from this one, things I never would have known. Wonderful show, too, with that soothing delivery(!) However, while it's obvious what the selection 'Convert to Editable Shape' brings to the process, wouldn't it be great if Xara added one more feature: "Convert to EDIBLE shape"?....I really want that doughnut on my desk right now!

Stop! Stop! My car in swerving into VG Donuts parking lot in Cardiff-by-the-Sea! Help! Can anyone stop me... before I eat again!

Cool donut, Frances.

Thanks Bill, BigWave, and Jon.

I'm glad that some of you out there are learning from these tutorials One of the hardest parts to doing these tutorials is finding a quiet time to do the screencasting. I wound up doing this one in parts and still having to remove the phone ringing, and the dog barking! I certainly got some good practice the video editing software!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]