Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Xara Xone Shareware utilities

On the Shareware page at the Xara Xone there is a selection of small apps that are quite helpful some of them give access to things that are missing in Xara, such as SPXE for spirals, Spray for generation of random images like dots, mosaics, or rays, and XXFX for tables.

I am wondering does anyone else still use these? Are the creators of these handy apps still around? And most of all Why doesn't Xara incorporate these into the software?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Xara Xone Shareware utilities

I use spxe from time to time
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Frances,

You might look at AutoFX and see if Dreamy and Mosaic are still free. They don't run directly from Xara, but from another host or as standalone.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    Frances,

You might look at AutoFX and see if Dreamy and Mosaic are still free. They don't run directly from Xara, but from another host or as standalone.

Rich
    I checked and they are.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Frances for reminding me... Yes - I have used some of these in the past. XXFX will be a useful one to have tucked away for tables.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

xcolour, xpal, xareg and spray are all useful to me, as are tony robert's mould shapes - the link to Jens' color wheel appears to be one of several links missing/broken on the shareware pages, but I have several color wheels including a very useful one supplied by Bill [soquili] which a forum search should bring up

dmitry's microscan is a very good utility but I don't use it myself because it is unitary [closes the UI every time after one scan on my system], and I prefer to scan straight into PS anyway because most of my scanning is line art and balancing the background so it is 'pure white' and therefore removable is a one-touch operation in PS ..

the 'autosave it' is now covered to an extent in the program, as for the rest... cost benefit analysis and priorities I guess...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

A few don't like windows 7 but we must expect that as sone are well over 10 years old!
    Design is thinking made visual.

I use XaReg and Ladi's Picker (eyedropper) frequently. Spxe, spray, lsvg, XPal and some others, on occasion.