Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Plugins for Designer Pro 7

Hello,

I just bought Designer Pro 7 and I was wondering if the following plugins will work with it and how do I get them into the program:

Alien Skin Xenofex 2
    Eye Candy 4000

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just learning the program (upgraded from Xtreme 5 Pro). Thanks! ^_^
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Plugins for Designer Pro 7

Hello Raptor,

In my experience Alien Skin plug ins work well with DP7 I have Eye Candy 4000 and 6 and Snap Art, and they work quite well. I don't have the Xenofex plugin but it should work. As for getting them into the program, you need to install them into the plug ins folder which is located in program files> Xara> Designer pro 7> xara picture editor> PS plugins. Once you do that they should appear in the plug ins list when you select the live effects tool.

Edit: If you already have these plugins installed in Xtreme 5 you can point DP7 to the plug ins folder in Xtreme 5 using the plug ins /effects tab on the options dialogue. Click the set up button and type in the path to the Xtreme 5 plug in folder.
    Last edited by angelize; 14 December 2011 at 01:34 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Or, you can copy the files and paste them to DP7 in the Xara Designer Pro 7 Xara Picture > PSplug-ins folder.

Or, you can install your plugins in a central folder and point all your plugin-using applications to that folder.

Pointing to plugins folder: Utilities | Options | Effects & Plugins tab | Setup button

Hello

This is just a follow up to what Frances (Angelize) said...

Xenofex 2 does work fine with Designer Pro 7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BurntEdges.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	85981
    Burnt Edges

Peace

James

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I'm in the middle of finals. Yay....@_@ I followed Frances instructions and everything works. ^_^ Thanks again!
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You are very welcome Raptor, I'm glad I was able to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi,

I would like to add a question here - if I have Photoshop and use plugins with it that are in a different place, do I need to place them in the Xara folder. I know Live Effects allows me to setup a file path, but if I setup a file path to my PS plugins folder, will this then annul the current Xara plugins? Or will they still be accessable in the menu?

Thanks.

I have 2 plugin folders and both work in Live Effects. What I would say is don't link to many plugins in Xara cos I did and it slowed down Xara drastically.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by allwaysjudee View Post
    Hi,

I would like to add a question here - if I have Photoshop and use plugins with it that are in a different place, do I need to place them in the Xara folder. I know Live Effects allows me to setup a file path, but if I setup a file path to my PS plugins folder, will this then annul the current Xara plugins? Or will they still be accessable in the menu?

Thanks.
    setting up a path will not affect the xara default plugins

be aware not all PShop plugins work with xara
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...