Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Filling a 3-d text with a bitmap

Greetings from Chicago! First post here.

I am currently attempting to fill a 3-D bit of text with a bitmap of stars that I had designed. I believe I made those stars in Pshop. Right, so I want to fill the interior of this word with the said stars, but I really haven't become accustomed to the process of gettting those mapped in there. Does any one have a link to a tut that focuses on this.

This is for a print/CMYK job.
    Thanks.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Filling a 3-d text with a bitmap

What format is your stars image? if it is a bitmap simply import or drag and drop it right in to Designer Pro, and then delete it, it will now be loaded in the bitmap gallery. Open the bitmap gallery and make sure your extruded text is selected and select the image in the bitmap gallery, and at the top click the fill button and the face of your text will be filled with the image.
    If you fill the text with your bitmap image before extruding you will be able to adjust the fill more easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.