Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Topographic Map - Stereogram

I really like this one a lot Gary!!

For the longest time I couldn't see them either. Then finally I managed. Now I put my face very close to the stereopgram and move slowly back. Sometimes it still takes me awhile for the image to come into view. This one is very good with lots of depth.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I have been trying for ever to see the stereograms - to no avail. Today I saw this one woohoo!
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

something that helped me finally see the sterograms was believe it or not an annoying reflection on my screen. By focuing on the depth of the reflection it helped me see the stereogram. Once I saw one I started viewing more and now I see them quite easily. I found in the beginning that if the stereogram was on a dark background (like the Forum pop up) it made it easier to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I have been trying for ever to see the stereograms - to no avail. Today I saw this one woohoo!
    Heh, heh. Another convert.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips, guys! One day I'll be a convert too...

Ta-ta!!

Will you believe it, just now I saw it! Angelize's experience -- "focusing on the depth of the reflection" -- did the trick. I tried to look into or behind the screen and there it was. Slowly but surely those peaks rose up. Magical stuff. And now I can do at will too.

Yeah, "convert" is a good term. What helped too, though, was that Gary had sent me larger version of the stereogram.

So, I went to take a look at the Medicine Cabinet (which already looks 3D-ish) but nothing happened. Didn't see anything different but the Xara Photo Clipart stereogram worked beautifully again.

Thanks again all!

That is so cool!!! The medicine cabinet has no hidden image but when you view it the same way as the stereogram, you will see depth in the rows of bottles and things.

In the case of the map, the longer you see the image, the more depth you will also see.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm glad I was able to help you Boy It certainly is magical when you see a stereogram for the first time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.