Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X3D Graphics

Default X3D Graphics

First time posting, was wondering where I could get extra 3D graphics, I am in need of a 3D Cube similar to what TG uses, are there any available somewhere? I appreciate any feedback am excited about my upgrade Xara 3D Maker 7, I did get the additional content downloaded, searched through there but didn't find a 3D Cube. Many Thanks!

Default Re: X3D Graphics

Welcome to the forum, QuadHum. Making a 3D cube is perfectly simple, depending on what it is you want it to do.
    The simplest cube is just made by importing a square and extruding it, and the simplest square is a character from Wingdings, the "n".

If you search the forum for Dice you will see some spinning 3d cubes with indents in all the faces. These are more sophisticated, consisting of three nested cubes. You can also apply textures to the faces.

If you want it to animate in some fashion, then that may determine how the cube should be built up.

Perhaps if you could give us an idea of what you have in mind, we could provide better help?

Mike

Mike, many thanks for your comeback, yes, I'm looking for a 3D Cube that I can add 1-single character on each of the 3-surfaces as well as change the color of each surface. My client is looking for an image logo rather than for the animated version although I should be able to use an image of the animated version, right? I can't locate TG's version of the 3D Graphic they use, seems as if it was on the initial register page? I've got lots to learn, I know.

I did finally find the 3D Cube that I like and wanted to insert it here but am having trouble figuring out how to insert a bmp image, it asks for my url where the image is, there is no browse for to find and select the image, any suggestions? I will try the attachments option and hope that works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You don't need xara 3d for that, you can can do that with xara designer
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Like here, done in XDP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cube.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	85978
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Big Frank; 14 December 2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: add the xar file cos i'm nice like that
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Wow! Great, I will work with it, I'll be back with the outcome, many thanks. I just purchased Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7, can't wait to try your suggestion! I have been asked at work to develop a new logo for them and they have me under the time pressure to get something quick. It seems easier when you can create your own ideas but a different story when you have to take their ideas and try to create them, that's why I am wanting to roll up my sleeves and learn what Xara has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadHum View Post
    but am having trouble figuring out how to insert a bmp image,
    Did you get this figured out yet? If not I can help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

...unfortunately, I did not figure it out. Everyone is so nice to lend a hand here. St. Peters, you are only about 40-miles away! I work 2nd shift and need to leave pretty soon but, yes, any help greatly appreciated. The confusing part was where it asked for a "url" for the image.
    Also, you may be able to direct me about my project above, what is the best direction on getting step-by-step instructions on creating an editable cube, beretgascon shared a real nice xar file which I managed to ungroup but that was all I could do without having instructions. I understand that the full version Xara Designer Pro 7 has an instruction manual or there is an instruction manual book available as well. Many thanks for you help.

I hope this helps you post a bitmap image. Some of the images are cropped but I hope you get the idea. As far as the cube goes I'll see what I can do in the way of a tutorial for you, or maybe beretgascon will post how he did it.
    As for me I'll just have to mess around in X3D since that is what you have and see what I can do making a cube for you that way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	86019
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.