Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 - Designer Pro 7

I have Designer pro 7 and looking for slide creation software I was led to Magix Photo Story and then followed several links found the offer for 'Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7' http://www.magix.com/ca/xara-photo-g...signer/detail/
    What experience have others had with this software please? Bearing in mind that Designer Pro 7 is allready installed.
    Is there an interactive way of moving between both applciations?
    I couldn't find much on this, so turned to the forum for input.
    I assume if Pro 7 is installed then Designer 7 would not be needed.
    I had a bit of trouble understanding the price structure and it seems the combination of 2 programs is the cheapest way to get PhotoStory. Probably the time of the year and offers on some sites don't translate to all areas?

I see these (for my use) as separate applications as while I would use any interactive connections between both applications my primary reason for looking for a slideshow creator was just that and the Designer Pro 7 just happens to be part of my collection of existing programs and both programs come from the same stock.
    regards
    Richard
    Last edited by Richard S; 18 December 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 - Designer Pro 7

If you already have Designer Pro 7 you already have all the features of Photo & Graphic Designer plus more, so no P&GD is not needed.

As for photo Story I'm afraid I can't be of much help there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Photo and Graphics Designer is the lite version of Designer Pro 7. I am not sure but you should be able to work with Magix Photo Story either as a stand alone product or in addition to DP7.

A product that several members use and swear by is SV Builder. It is simple to use and creates some excellent slide shows.

thanks for the replies - sorry took a while to get back as I've been out and about working.

Gary SV looks good but is that aimed at web use? I couldn't read much about it and I have no use for web, but I realise one has to put a collection together regardless of what the end use is.
    regards
    Richard

The Magix Photo Story is super program I like it very much, probably really true that the best in its category

thanks csehz. Yes agree it looks very good and so I took the plunge and downloaded but it was late at night and I found it was a 450mb download so enjoyed some time while it downloaded then when it downloaded I said cancel to the actual installation.
    Now as morning breaks I can't find where it went (the download ie).
    I have a folder 'mgxnqc3lr4f0b' that starts at time of download and ends at time of finish of downloads but nothing that resembles 450mb
    The file MxDownloadManager.exe is there and if run that it ask what language and then what file I want to download but there is nothing on offer.
    I'm on Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

I realise this is nothing to do with Xara but as I started here I persevere.

I tried contacting Magix but couldn't get my login to work and not wanting to create another account thought I'd ask here if anyone has any wisdom on where my missing file maybe.
    I found the installation files that then triggers the download but not the download.
    I am on broadband but not superfast and was hoping not to have to repeat same again.
    regards