Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Page Spanning Full Screen-Width / Content Still in the Center

Good day,

Asking a question while being fried from working 24/7 but I have created a successful site in WD7 Premium, using a standard width template (forgot which one at the moment), and was wondering if someone can clarify or potentially even post a quick page/template for spanning the full-page width to utilize a full-width header and footer.

I would only be using the content positioned in the center of the page so iPad's and related technologies would only pick this up but this is more of an esthetic desire/need vs. just having this small web look in the center of a larger screen. If there is a best practice outside of creating specific screen-sized specific sites (Standard vs. Mobile) I am all ears.

Hope I am not confusing what I believe is a pretty straight forward need.

Thanks in advance.

EZ

Default Re: Web Page Spanning Full Screen-Width / Content Still in the Center

Is this thread any help ?

Hi,

I was attempting to run through this tutorial. My goal is to have an image cover the entire page of my site and built objects on top of the image. I downloaded your file, add my image file, brain began to fry, steam came out my ears and was stuck.

Any insight would be appreciated.

EZ
    Attached Files Attached Files

Maybe this is what you need?
    DEMO

Hi Sledger,

Easy piece to get that going. Appreciate the link. How do you remove the Xara link from within it?

http://fams2.com/image/index.htm

Thanks in advance.

EZ

Did you download the jquery-auto-resize-background-image-all-browsers.xar?

Just remove the linked image off the page and edit the doc info (File>>Document information)

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Maybe this is what you need?
    DEMO
    Steve - any idea why it does not work on an iPad?

Gary