Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Farewell But Not Goodbye

It's solid gold, Gare. Okay, Fool Disclosure: it's gold foil, milk chocolate, cherry liqueur center.

I'll have a word with him; failing that, I'll model a shoe horn. You could use it in your next stereogram to boot.

OoOoOg

Many thanks for all those years of inspiration. Have fun with all those extra hours!

Thanks for your generous work these many years! Stay warm in NM.
    Wayne

Hello Gary. You & I go back at least 20 years to the i-us days. I'd been creating vector drawings on the BBC computer with Artworks & then on a PC with Xara. But this was in isolation until I finally could afford to buy a modem and went on-line and suddenly found that there were many Xara users in the world freely willing to share their expertises. Non more so than yourself on i-us. Your precise, simple to follow step by step tutorials through the Xara Xone increased my vector drawing skills in leaps and bounds.

You have a skill to convey complicated procedures in easy to follow step by step processes and when it's in danger of getting too complicated/bogged-down you have a fantastic knack of inserting humour which lightens up your tutorials.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for having a great input into my vector drawing abilities. Me and I'm sure many others.

I wish You & Mary a long & happy retirement.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey Eric, thanks. We have known one another for a long time. And to the many other members who have taken the time to comment, you make be believe that I was able to contribute something of substance over the time I have been hosting the Xara Xone. Thanks one and all and have a great holiday.

Gary, thanks so much for all the inspiration, tuts, and just plain hard work over the years. You've made life easier and more enjoyable for new and old graphics users alike. You've made a difference and left your mark.
    I'm looking forward to seeing all those new stereograms you will be creating in future.

Cheers,
    Graham.

Thank you Gary for your unflagging help throughout the years, all delivered in a good humoured and practical way.
    This is actually a moment of Xara history; but it is good to know that you won't be "history" on the forum.
    TJB

Congratulations Gary and THANK YOU!

Your skill and enthusiasm for Xara over the years has made it my "go to" graphics program.

Wishing you and yours Joy and Peace in your retirement!
    Bob C.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ... make me believe that I was able to contribute something of substance over the time I have been hosting the Xara Xone.
    Wow Gary retiring from the Xone (sorry been away recently and am a bit behind the times here). Tutorials take a lot of time/effort and to produce them monthly plus the workbooks and everything else for over 15 years and to have helped so many people, that is a huge achievement. In answer to your statement above: you haven't been able to contribute 'something' of substance over the time you have hosted the Xone; you've contributed a 'major amount' of substance and an incredible resource. Many thanks for everything and hope you enjoy the extra time gained from your well-earned retirement.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I agree wholeheartedly. Quite apart from the small number of tutorials I have done on TG, I too do tutorials (paid-for) for my clients, and I can vouch from personal experience (as can many on here) that they do indeed take a lot of time and effort. Gary's tireless 15-year stint at the helm of the Xone is without question the single most important contribution to both the spreading of the Xara name and to the skill advancement of thousands of people who have benefited from his tutorials over that time.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.