Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Farewell But Not Goodbye

Good move Gary, Gary B is going to have to hit the ground running to even catch up but if anyone's the man he is and for you 'another day another seque' make it a good one, as Beret said, you deserve it

Toujours très fort, thank you for all you have done so well
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Congratulations on the retirement! Your accomplishment with the Zone is incredibly impressive and you have touched many lives for the better, including mine.

Glad you're still moderating.

Best wishes,
    David

Wink Re: Farewell But Not Goodbye

Hi Gary W.

I tend not to be here as frequently as I'd used to be
    But just viewed this thread,which saddened me a bit.
    To hear you're in a retirement-home and your stereograms have gotten your eyes staying crossed in the end

The xone is a great reference pool for tips and tricks to be used in our beloved X(ara,treme,designer(pro)).
    I would like to thank you for all your time and effort you have put in to it.
    And wish your beloved ones strength to endure your free time and being around more often.
    Glad you stay on as a mod and Gare will sure do its best to be a worthy successor

Hans

Gary,

Relax and enjoy your newly fround free time while you can ... my guess is it will be filled with some other new project before you know it. Thanks for all your graphics support over these many years.

Mickie

Hi Gary,
    I can´t help but to feel a little sad with the news. You've been here since i can remember and you´re an integral part of what i "know" as Xara. I´ve been enjoying Xara Xone and your contributions here at Talkgraphics since i´ve joined a bunch of years ago. And i´m sure i will miss it. I´m glad to know that you will stay around us as a moderator. Enjoy your new free time and thank you for all your effort and dedication.

Miguel

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

A few short years ago I was struggling to cobble our little publication together with some secondhand, outdated versions of Pagemaker and Illustrator and a chance afternoon of surfing the net for affordable alternatives brought me to Xara.com and right away I liked what I saw, but up to that point I simply cobbled clipart together for ad layouts. After a few days with Xara I decided I was going to follow a dream I had since my school days, so I set to learning all I could about graphic design and one of the first places I found to learn from was The Xara Xone. I started reading the tutorials and trying out what I read, and around the same time I also started visiting Talkgraphics. Before this I had never participated at a forum on posted any of my work online. But after finishing one of your wonderful tutorials I decided to sign up for TG and post my result. I was welcomed warmly by quite a few members and I remember being welcomed by you Gary and thinking how great it was that "The Xara Xone Guy" took the time to comment on my post. From there I progressed doing more tutorials and creating my own stuff! To this day I still use the Xone often for inspiration, and for a great resource. Thank you Gary for all that you have done to make the Xara Xone what it is, and Thank you for staying on as moderator.

Enjoy your new freedom and I look forward to more Stereograms And to Gare B Thank you for stepping in, you have a hard act to follow! I am looking forward to seeing what the new year will bring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Gary, thank you very much. So very much, for everything you gave to all of us.

Happy trails! Jon Donahue

Gary I have held off from replying to this because I just didn't know what to say. Seems like you have been on the forfront of this for as long as I can remember. Longer then I have been a member for sure.
    I know this is not goodbye but only a farewell and a retirement from XaraXone. You have been an inspiration and helped so many people over the years. I'm certain that naming Gare as your successor was a wize choice and he will do a great job. And so from me Gary a big THANK YOU for all you have done.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

There's a lot of love going on here Gary... I wish to personally thank you for the education I've received from all the tutorials and workbooks I've read and done over the last 15 years.

All the best,

Joel

Hello Gary,

Good luck in all you do...

To anyone looking at any of the Xara Xone content, it is obvious that it wouldn't be nearly the appealing resource it is, without your love and attention over the years.

You've created a great body of work/tips/tutorials over the years, but I can tell that you won't be resting on your laurels.

Take care and again, THANKS and good luck for the future!

Peace

James