Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Farewell But Not Goodbye

I like that not everyone would like to sell everything :-)

Gary thanks very much also from my side for the tutorials, I am still eating them and learning by that. At least good words can give and express how faithful I am that you were so consequent during that 15 years.

Dear Gary,

I've only started with graphical stuff since a few years, and I know I couldn't have done that without all the tutorials and the excellent advices you've been giving to the Xara community. So, thank you for taking me to and through this fascinating world.
    And although I'm aware that all nice things must come to an end, I feel some sadness in readig this thread.

I wish you all the best in whatever it is you wish to undertake.

Take care
    Guy -

I love these tools

Hello Gary,

I'll never forget that when this idiot contacted you about XDP off-line, you took the time to answer my questions. I always remember that graciousness.

Thank you for all the hard work you've done. I look forward to you being an Xara Xone guest contributor in place of being the conductor.

Take care, Mike

I also remember a time when Gary interacted with me on topic back in the 90s. He was excited to hear that I was creating graphics at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). I'm still here, and still using Xara. I'll miss Gary's inputs, and look forward to Gary's involvement.

Wait! What did I just say??

Best of luck to you, Gary!

Hey old man (as you reported the lunchtime hail from a construction worker shortly before you moved to Placitas)

I'm very, very grateful for the graphics education your tutorials have given me and your generosity in sharing and support over the years. I'm also glad that we had the opportunity to meet not just virtually, but also in person. You deserve to put your feet up and step back a bit, and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

In i/us days, accessing the Xone required a password. It was easy to remember because we Xarans tend to think it while using our favorite software. I think it's appropriate to share it here and extend it as a cheer:

Xara rules! And so does GWP!

Allison

cheers me ole chum, well done for having the courage at last to take some time back, it's been an invaluable 15 years, and you deserve the rest

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thank you for your gigantic awesome work Gary.

I certainly learned a lot through your tutorials!

Marc

Gary, what can I say more than thank you very much, xara xone give and gave to all learners the best site anyone can desire to find, I can't value it there aren't so many figures to express it, any software would envy to have such as great user guides, I said many times that xara is different above all for xara xone, tg and lately xara users, any software is as good as xara if it has these kind of people working so hard to explain every detail about it, helping, etc.
    Apart of teaching us you give us a place to feel us proud of ourselves when showing us as feature artists.
    I'm glad for you and I confident about your succesor Gare, I've been in contact with him several times and He is great as well.
    Sorry if my english have several misspellings, my best wishes from Uruguay.
    Javier

Gary, Xara Xone, and the i/us members started me on an exciting journey by teaching me many things about this application we call Xara. It is addictive and fun to use. I'm glad Gary will be around to moderate TG, and glad that Gary Bouton will helm the Xara Xone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It's all been said in the posts in this thread but would just like to add, many thanks for all the help, knowledge and politeness you have given to all Xara users.

Stygg