Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Banner moving photos- What's the best way of achieving this? and Manual

I company wants me to design a front page with the top section of our website to have a scrolling / rotating / moving slide show of the properties they manage... www.belmontpm.com ... this is a first attempt at the design / layout and I just wondered if anybody could suggest the best way of achieving this?

ALSO: I would like to download a pdf version of the manual for XWD7Premium.. I see you can get a manual for £20 . for Pro.. I have the original CD but can not find the manual - any pointer please?

Default Re: Banner moving photos- What's the best way of achieving this? and Manual

Sorry I cannot help with your first question.

The answer to your second:
    http://downloads.xara.com/support/ve.../wdp7/wdp7.pdf the file is 62MB.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Banner moving photos- What's the best way of achieving this? and Manual

Hi

Investigate jQuery. You will have to jump in deep, but there are plenty of examples. Unless you can use a database to manage which pictures to show, you will have to ensure photos are named carefully. Google 'image carousel' and you will find some leads.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Appreciate the help guys.

I notice there is a Add on Pack which has a sort of parade of photos and
    a gallery facility and I guess this is close to what I am looking for. In essence a selection of say 15 photos sliding across the top of the screen is all I need - I will look at jQuery but if there are any other thoughts out there I would really appreciate a nudge!

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Have a look at the Eyecatcher Widgets in the Designs Gallery, they're easy to insert (drag and drop from the Designs Gallery onto your page) and edit (double click on the placeholder to open the widget editing doc).

One of those may do what you are looking for.