Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sub-menu rounded corners

Hi - I'm building a site in WD7 and have created the main menu buttons with rounded corners. Is there any way to give the sub-menu buttons rounded corners?

Default Re: Sub-menu rounded corners

Yup

Needs 2 layers per drop down.

Any Q's just shout
    Attached Files Attached Files

Neat and I do have some questions. First, I tried to make a nav bar from the two-button example you sent and it is not allowed. Can you confirm that XWD is not designed for this.

Second, I can't seem to get the rollover effect to work properly for my navbar. Here is what I did:
    I thought I understand the layer process in your example but ... must have missed a step. Here is what I did:
    1. Copied my nav bar and ungrouped it.
    2. Deleted all but the button I want to work with and copied it.
    3. Created a submouseOff layer and pasted the button. Created and layed out the 6 submenu buttons and linked each to an existing web page.
    4. First copied the submenu nav buttons , then created a submouseOver layer and pasted in place the buttons. Edited the submenu buttons for the mouseover effect.
    5 Switched to the submenuOff layer and softgrouped
    6. In Website Properties>Mouseover the popup menu is disabled.

Can you see what I missed?

Thanks

Hi Doc

Can you confirm that XWD is not designed for this
    Dont know on that. I only have XDP7.

This might help, just finished a quick 'toot'

Thanks - I see that I probably did not have the proper layer names, eg MouseOffsub and and MouseOversub I'll have another crack at this tomorrow. Have to go offline for the evening here.

Digging a bit deeper to try and understand this and your example has a popup link on the main mouseoff layer and has no graphics or text on the main mouseoff layer. I see that’s how to get the submenu to pop but how do you get the rollover effect on the main menu button?
    Do I need to softgroup the mouseoffsub and mouseoversub layer buttons to get the rollover and link effect and do I put the link on the mouseoffsub or mouseoversub layers?

Hi Doc

how do you get the rollover effect on the main menu button?
    Unlike the usual MouseOff/MouseOver pairing of buttons the rollover effect is produced by setting the button on the MouseOff layer to trigger a pop up layer called "Pop". The rollover button is placed here. The reasoning behind this is to enable the "over" button to remain visible as the pointer is scrolled down the links below. A link can also be applied to this button to point to an overview type page.

To revert to the normal behaviour of losing the rollover effect when moving the pointer away can be achieved by moving the button back down onto the MouseOver layer (leaving the "pop" trigger in place on the MouseOff button) and copy in the link from the "over" button to the "off button".

Do I need to softgroup the mouseoffsub and mouseoversub layer buttons to get the rollover and link effect
    Soft grouping is not needed for the rollover effect but is necessary to keep sync between the button pairs when editing the text.

do I put the link on the mouseoffsub or mouseoversub layers?
    Normally both but it can be omitted from the "off" button if the "over" button is on a pop up layer. Either behaviour works with links on both buttons so this is best as a default.
    Last edited by Drwyd; 09 December 2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Added Example