Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A Stupid question...

What in heaven's name are Widgets? I've looked at a lot of stuff and I'm still not sure. Pardon my ignorance. Thanks.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: A Stupid question...

Hi GiddyupGilbert,

Thereīs no stupid questions. Stupid is not to make them.
    Widgets are small pieces of code+graphics that perform specific functions. In Xara software you can drag and drop those "widgets" to your web page to add these functions to your page. For example you can add your twitter stream to your site, insert a video from youtube or a form etc etc.
    Check Widgets, forms and more folder in the Designs Gallery of Xara Web Designer or Xara Designer PRO. Thereīs tones of widgets you can use.
    Better than trying to describe it is showing it: check this package of Widgets that Xara is selling. At the bottom of the page you have links to examples of the widgets working.
    For example click on the Image Carousel (Flash) "icon" to see it working. You can easily integrate that functionality in your website because itīs a function thatīs already programmed/coded for you.
    Last edited by MEB; 06 December 2011 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: A Stupid question...

Absolutely neato! Thanks a bunch for the insight. This absolutely inserts a different perspective into my thinking. What a turn-on. I do have Designer Pro 7, and I'm rapidly becoming a Xara junkie. If you look too closely you might notice the track marks on my brain .
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"