Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dear Santa

Default Re: Dear Santa

Aint that the truth.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've decided to do another wish See Rik, you aren't the only one hoping for new electronics!

Although I think I have a pretty good chance of getting this one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dearsanta2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	85968
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Um, it's either my graphics card, Frances, or you captured a lot of errata in the margins of Rik's document when you posted!

ATI is still digging itself out of poor management in previous years, and most people go with nVidia, because basically, these are the two video card players. I recommend a gaming card, because their specs are the same as a "professional" graphics card, but less expensive—mostly because of the labeling.

I've had very good luck (knock on silicon) with the 3TB Hitachis; even though this division of Hitachi was bought by Western Digital this year. They appear to be operating autonomously, product is good, but move soon on it, because flooding in Asia is going to cause a shortage of hard drives early next year as the warehouses empty out. And no hard drives means a manufacturing slowdown in general of computers.

-g-
    Last edited by Gare; 14 December 2011 at 12:12 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yeah that's my error, I have a habit of using key strokes to export images for posting and I forgot that there were extra bits that Rik left around the pasteboard of the original .xar

We are actually hoping to have a new PC very soon, we have one more issue of Good Morning Sunshine to put to bed and then we'll have 2 weeks off and PC shopping is very near the top of the list of things to do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Well, maybe not for THIS Christmas... :P

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dear santa.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	85982

Marc

Frances: I hope you get your new PC. I also hope it's a really powerful one!

Marc: It could be debated whether Santa exist or not but your request can easily be done by Xara, surely?!
    But, I like the idea of your wish though.

Me: I still haven't really decided what I would like, but it's unlikely to be my very first post.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone