Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In webstyle 3, I could use the 'menu' tab to change the default view of a navbar to mouse-on, mouse-off, or selected. I also had to manually turn on the selected state for most navbars, and it was done there.

In WS4, I cannot locate that feature anywhere. Additionally, none of my navbars created in WS4 have a selected stated; no matter what page in my site I am on, all of the buttons retain the 'mouse-off' state (unless, of course, you are to mouse over them)...

Am I (hopefully) just missing the relocated controls for this functionality? Please do not tell me that it has been removed! If it has been removed, I must say I will be seeking a refund on WS4 and returning my CD to downgrade to WS3 - the only upgrade of note I have seen is the complete Web Page designer; which is an awesome tool . . . but with the limited number of templates and inability to create my own; more or less useless to me for now (I do not particularly care for any of the 10 templates - I think 4 of them are acceptable, but I can easily do without them).

In webstyle 3, I could use the 'menu' tab to change the default view of a navbar to mouse-on, mouse-off, or selected. I also had to manually turn on the selected state for most navbars, and it was done there.

In WS4, I cannot locate that feature anywhere. Additionally, none of my navbars created in WS4 have a selected stated; no matter what page in my site I am on, all of the buttons retain the 'mouse-off' state (unless, of course, you are to mouse over them)...

Am I (hopefully) just missing the relocated controls for this functionality? Please do not tell me that it has been removed! If it has been removed, I must say I will be seeking a refund on WS4 and returning my CD to downgrade to WS3 - the only upgrade of note I have seen is the complete Web Page designer; which is an awesome tool . . . but with the limited number of templates and inability to create my own; more or less useless to me for now (I do not particularly care for any of the 10 templates - I think 4 of them are acceptable, but I can easily do without them).

I reread my post just now, and realized I was not exactly clear on what I am looking for. Basically, in Webstyle 3, I was able to configure the appearance of the 'selected' navbar item; setting it to a completely different color and font, etc. than the mouse-on or mouse-off states.

I do realize that in WS4, the default is now 'selected=mouse-on' unlike WS3, where I had to manually turn on the 'selected' capability of just about every navbar. However, I cannot find the functionality to edit the appearance of the selected state, and to manually turn it on and off if I so desire.

If that functionality has been removed, I will be reverting to WS3 for now, and as mentioned above, see what recourse I have to return WS4 for a refund.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kargrafx:
    I reread my post just now, and realized I was not exactly clear on what I am looking for. Basically, in Webstyle 3, I was able to configure the appearance of the 'selected' navbar item; setting it to a completely different color and font, etc. than the mouse-on or mouse-off states.

I do realize that in WS4, the default is now 'selected=mouse-on' unlike WS3, where I had to manually turn on the 'selected' capability of just about every navbar. However, I cannot find the functionality to edit the appearance of the selected state, and to manually turn it on and off if I so desire.

If that functionality has been removed, I will be reverting to WS3 for now, and as mentioned above, see what recourse I have to return WS4 for a refund.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello and thank you for your post.

Im afraid the functionality has been stripped from Webstyle 4.

Please can you email xaraclub@xara.com requesting the refund and it will be completed for you.

Sorry for the inconvinience caused.

Thank you very much for your prompt and courteous reply! I do believe you have an excellent product, and will definitely look into it again when the functionality to create ones own templates is added; or when the number of templates has increased.

As I mentioned above, however, version 3.1 will be more than adequate, especially since I will be hhaving to downgrade to it to regain the functionality.

Thank you again!

any chance of this functionality being restored to the software? Or have you moved this functionality to your MenuMaker software?

I greatly miss this functionaity. some of the newer templates look really spiffy, and it would be great to use them with a selected state.

If this functionality is not going to find its way back, is there a way to use the WS4 templates in WS3 ?

Thanks,
    Long Time WS user.

Hi, just to add my pennies worth. I also liked this feature and hope that enough people will request it to be re-instated in future updates.