Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default using edges and frames from Plugin Galaxy

I have just discovered that the Plugin Site Galaxy Edges & Frames CD cant be used in Live Effects in Graphic Designer 7..

These are the instructions on their CD for using with Xara, but after create bitmap and export i cant get it to work properly!!
    1. Import the photo file you want the frame to be applied to with Import from the File menu.

2. Import one of the frame files from the frame sub folder with Import from the File menu.

3. Select the Bitmap Gallery from the Utilities menu.

4. Right click on the frame file in the Bitmap Gallery and select Apply as transparency from the context menu.

5. Use the handles of the frame object to make it the same size as the photo. Makes sure that the frame lies over the photo.

6. Choose Select All from the Edit menu or press Ctl +A to select both objects.

7. Choose Group from the Arrange menu or press Ctl+ G to combine both objects.

8. Select Create Bitmap Copy from the Arrange menu or press Ctl+ G to combine both objects.

9. In the Create bitmap option dialog make sure that the correct settings are set (e.g. that the color depth is set to 24bit) and press the Create button.

10. Save the created bitmap with Export from the File menu.

the pic looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gran in frame.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	85694

hope someone can help work out where ive gone wrong!!
    Thanks,
    Richard

Default Re: using edges and frames from Plugin Galaxy

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I think the use of apply as transparency is creating this problem.

This function applies the selected bitmap as a transparent object.

What happens if you select the photo after you have applied as transparent object with the Transparency Tool (F6) and set the Transparency slider on the Infobar to 0%?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: using edges and frames from Plugin Galaxy

I downloaded the demo version and took a look, I used a jpeg edge and was able to make it work. It's not the transparency itself but you are applying the transparency to the frame, you need to select your photo and apply the transparency to the photo, and the edges need to be reversed.

Here is what I did step by step:
    (I used Designer Pro but I believe that this can be done in P&GD)

Once you have the edge in the document ( you can drag and drop) select the edge and use the live effects> colour filters>negative. this will reverse the colours so the black will be white and the white will be black.

Right click the now reversed frame and select create bitmap copy from the drop down list chose true colour, click create. At this point you can delete both the original frame and the bitmap copy.

open the bitmap gallery and make sure your photo is selected. click the bitmapy copy in the gallery and at the top of the gallery click the transp button. use the transparency handles to resize the transparency and align it as desired.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	85706
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.