Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: ShaderMap Pro

Default ShaderMap Pro

For anyone doing 3D work, who sometimes needs Displacement, Normal, Specular, or Ambient Occlusion Maps; I highly recommend picking up ShaderMap Pro.

It costs less than 15 € (< $20 U.S.) and makes the creating (and fine-tuning!) of these types of maps much, much easier. The interface and settings are intuitive and easy to use and it comes with a nice 3D preview mode so that you can see what you're doing to your "object" as you change its respective maps.

Below are two images of a simple cylinder...the first one is without ShaderMap Pro's Maps and the second one is with...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShaderMapWithout_.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	85636

Name:	ShaderMapWith.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	85632

Here's a couple more without/with ShaderMap Pro's maps:

Name:	ShaderMap3.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	85633
    Using Gare's Seamless Tile (from another thread)

Name:	ShaderMap5.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	85634

Take care

James

P.S. Virtually all 3D packages allow the usage of these maps, they're not Blender-specific.

Default Re: ShaderMap Pro

I might get it. Until now I work with the free version, but it's a bit clumsy with the command line interface.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Hello Guy,

Yeah, I was using the command line interface too, but then had some that were close but needed some adjustment in settings. Rather than feeling around in the dark and then changing the settings (the *'s in the command line) point by point til I got it, going back and forth...settings...load...view...settings...load.. .view...; I decided to go ahead and "splurge". There is a Demo that works (all but the save, of course), if you'd like to check it out. The full-version also does batch loads of images (create all the accompanying maps for a whole selection of files) and will give you the equivalent Command Line reference that ShaderMap CL needs to replicate what is seen.

Maybe take a look at the demo and see if it seems worth the expenditure.

Either version of ShaderMap (Pro or CL) makes a large difference when mapping textures. If one uses the Normal and Specular maps instead of using Displacement, there's not a lot of overhead, since no new faces are created. (such as the many, many that displacements need)

My Wife ordered ShaderMap Pro after we were talking about it...so last night and today am spending some time with a few experiments.

Take care,

James

Just playing around...getting a feel for the interaction of the various maps...

Name:	XaraBlendShader1.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	85644

Name:	XaraBlendShader2.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	85645

James

Those look good James.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, Larry

Was just playing around with the textures and the assorted maps.

Obviously the scale is off... either it's a very small sign-holding cylinder and room OR those are some might big rocks!

Still, it was a lot of fun and I learned a couple of things...

Peace

James