Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with a tut

Default Re: Help with a tut

Ah yes, the famous missing steps in Gary's tutorials. Although it's frustrating when you hit one, you'll find that you learn more from the tutorial than expected because you've either had to come here and ask or figure it out for yourself.

Well I made it through the "break" steps. Now here's a couple of screen shots that show you why I am once again confused. I've got my little jelly beans (ellipses) all ready to fill but at the bottom of page 6, the picture shows an entirely different one than the picture at the top of page 7. My image looks like the one on page 6 because I was just told to send the "black" text to the back. Should I fill the text like the first one or like the second (black) one? If I bring the black text back to the front, it will look like the one at the beginning of page 7. Sorry if I'm confusing you.
    BTW, this is a fun tut, so far and I'm learning alot. ~Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!screen shot2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	85707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	85708  

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Once the contoured (black) text is sent to the back (Ctrl + B - not K), the next instruction is to select all the shapes shown in the image at the bottom of page 6 (which are now in front of the black text) and set them aside. You will then be left with the black text ready to fill with the elipses as shown at the top of page 7.

Thanks for that advice. I'm doing so much Christmas stuff right now, I hope to try that one again as soon as I can get a break. 'Let you know.