Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How to maintain a layer-level view in a pinned down page and layer gallery?

you are not alone Ron - I can't get it to work, with either UI or template

XPGD7 - win7 32bit
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: How to maintain a layer-level view in a pinned down page and layer gallery?

Well then! Imagine having to load your templates each image processing job you get and having to click it open every time. It gets annoying fast.
    Ron Cavagnaro

yes it does - but nowhere near as annoying as accidentally double clicking [easy to do] and finding my tool has suddenly changed - or worse, if its esc, all my attributes are reset to default, such a thing should be user definable...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ...accidentally double clicking [easy to do] and finding my tool has suddenly changed - or worse, if its esc, all my attributes are reset to default, such a thing should be user definable...
    Agreed. I've had some annoying encounters with the doubleclick tool change, too.

I also find the page level issue bugging.
    I rarely use pages but always putter with layers.

Marc

Lynn and Steve, I just realized that you're both using the standard version. I'm using Pro, and I think Frances is, too. Wonder if that's the determining factor.

Allison

Could be....

Ron is not using pro either as far as I know
    Nothing lasts forever...

brilliant deducing. I am indeed Pro-Less
    If this is a factor in upgrading, wtf?

RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I am indeed using the Pro version. That could quite possibly be it. Although the pro version has the double click tool change behavior too and like the rest of you I have done the accidental double click thing I'd love to have a way to toggle that off!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

And the answer is...

You have to upgrade to Pro to get the sticky Layers mode. It's also available in WD7 and WDP7.

Allison