Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 What to do after uploading website? editing pages after

Newbie here. Just finished uploading 8 page website. Looks fine online, but when I went back into Web Designer 6 on my computer to edit a page, objects, buttons, backgrounds etc. appear to cascading across the page. Don't know what happened. Anybody?

Default Re: What to do after uploading website? editing pages after

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you be a little more specific as to what exactly is happening?

When I open a page for editing, it does not appear as designed. Instead all of the elements are visible but appear in what I can only call a cascade starting at the top left and going down toward the bottom right of the page. I can take each one and move it around back into position, but what a lot of work to only correct a word or two in some of the text.
    It's as if the master page is not being applied. I'm not an html person but have worked a little in Expressions web and know that the dwt (master) applies to all the pages in a website. Web Designer is much easier for the non-techie to work with, but I'm at a loss here.
    txlady

Hi txlady

What method are you using to open the page ? What you are describing sounds a like you are importing the page from the web rather than opening the .web/.xar file.

I opened xara program. Under file, clicked on the original page I created and uploaded.
    I also, tried downloading my files from the domain host and tried opening one of those. Both methods gave me the same outcome with all the elements running down the page.
    Somewhere I don't think I have the files saved in the proper format. Do not understand since I successfully ftp'd them to Network Solutions host site. Very frustrating.

Thanks guys. You pointed me in the right direction. I was opening the regular html files. I found the unique xara .web files that are needed. I do love the program since I'm a self taught website maker--more comfortable with print publishing and Office products. Think we can close the conversation for now.