Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blend files I hope I did this right

Not sure if I did this right but James here are my messed up Blend files

blends and extras.7z
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Blend files I hope I did this right

Hello Larry,

You have quite a few things changed...

Some of them I fixed...

Re: The cup (looks great!)

I used a Bezier Curve to mold/conform the Wizard text to the shape of the cup. (I had misunderstood originally, I thought you were mapping an image. The letters themselves (text object) also works, of course.)

I made a few other changes to the scene... (for interest and/or learning purposes)

Latest.zip

Check it out!

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 24 November 2011 at 08:12 AM.

Default Re: Blend files I hope I did this right

Thanks James, I just got home late yesterday and had no chance to look at this before. I am chomping at the bit to try and learn Blender properly. No you had not misunderstood, I had also tried to map an image onto the cup also. I never could, finally I imported the cup image into Xara and applied the initials that way. I also had wanted to create a text object in Blender and make it look like it was part of the cup mesh and extruded a little. This is what I really wanted to do. Thanks again James. I will look at what you did shortly.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.