Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default McAfee SiteAdvisor / How to...

Hi all,

I need your guidance please. Recently my wife explained to me why I didn't have a green tick next to our website. Apparently it's because we've not yet been scanned or approved by websafe programs such as the one we've got on our PC which is McAfee. So i've registered with McAfee SiteAdvisor and followed the directions given on their website to show I am the website owner. As part of the verification process, MacAfee has requested I place the exact filename below in 'the root web directory on the web server of the site you are claiming to own'

auto-evolution.co.uk2483097ecfbf662d980c0a9ae1c9a3b670a 18b16.html

I understand how to place something in the HTML code body and HTML head but have no idea about how to put the above in the root web directory. And this is where I need your help!

thanks all
    AutoEvo

Default Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor / How to...

You would upload it to your website via an ftp program or a file manager in your hosting control panel.

The "web root" directory is the highest directory a visitor has access to and would be the directory that holds the file that is automatically loaded when http://yourdomain.com is put in your browser, common file names are index.html, index.htm and index.php but not limited to those names.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Default Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor / How to...

you will need to ftp it to the root of your website (the directory that contains your main page i.e. index.html [or possibly index.htm] on your host server)
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...