Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm sure nervous, because this is my first post to a forum ever (shades are appropiate). If this was not done correctly please let me know.

I have been reading posts on this location for several months and registered with you today for one reason.

It has to do with the copyright of tutorials, and the way that the participants handled this issue. Obviously strong feelings were expressed, but without disintegrating into personal attacks. This should remind everyone that this is a safe place where honest feelings can be expressed without retribution.

The resulting posts were important for me to gain a better understanding and significance of the issues. This will be something that will now receive my due consideration before attaching that little symbol to my work.

You are all to be congratulated for your restraint and courage in airing such a delicate issue that concerns us all. I look forward to your candor when I have work for you to view.

Thanks for making me better.
    Regards, Phillip A. Bane [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm sure nervous, because this is my first post to a forum ever (shades are appropiate). If this was not done correctly please let me know.

I have been reading posts on this location for several months and registered with you today for one reason.

It has to do with the copyright of tutorials, and the way that the participants handled this issue. Obviously strong feelings were expressed, but without disintegrating into personal attacks. This should remind everyone that this is a safe place where honest feelings can be expressed without retribution.

The resulting posts were important for me to gain a better understanding and significance of the issues. This will be something that will now receive my due consideration before attaching that little symbol to my work.

You are all to be congratulated for your restraint and courage in airing such a delicate issue that concerns us all. I look forward to your candor when I have work for you to view.

Thanks for making me better.
    Regards, Phillip A. Bane [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm glad that in spite of the confusing issues raised on that topic, you got something out of it--if only what to be cautious about and consider...
    Welcome to the forums, this is a great group of people!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I look forward to viewing your work here!

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I have only time for "Welcomes" these days. Despite a lot of hard work I continue to read these forums and I cannot resist to reply to kind things.

Friendly yours,
    ivan

of wacky and VERY talented folks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, one of the things that amazed me was this copyright thread was only interupted by one assinine jerk, Fontman, other than that we all discussed the issue with inteligence and humor and no bitting rude comments. It was a united spirit that made this possible and a desire to learn from one another.

I look forward to your postings and art work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peace to you and Welcome

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I'm a recent new member, and one of the main reasons I joined TalkGraphics/Xara was the sanity, positive outlook, and encouragement of the members (except for the pitiable FontMan).

I really like encouragement, and HATE flame posts and personal attacks, so this forum is the place for me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I've always instinctively felt that artists are a special breed of human being, more observant, more open to new ideas, and sensitive to the ideas of others. Finally, artists are especially appreciative of the contributions of other artists, because of the inspiration other artists provide. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It's a win-win situation. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Welcome!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Welcome Phillip !!

well, you already read for some time and the others already mentioned it.

We are a happy family here and most of the time everything is honky-dory.

If you have any questions regarding Xara, Graphics or related stuff, you won't find quicker and better answers than here ...

Wolfgang

I'm glad you have joined us. I am also very honoured to know all the people that participated in the "Tutorial" thread (with one obvious exception). I read all the posts and learned a great deal about copyrights, or rather how little I knew about them. It is a very complicated subject and a confusing one.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

a great bunch of people already by the welcomes recieved!

I will join in and say Welcome William! Hope these forums find you well!

Have any artwork to share?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Phillip,
    Your reasons for joining echo my own. Like you, I observed the forum for quite a while before ever posting. The help and knowledge base offered here are outstanding, and only surpassed by the feelings of acceptance and friendship. I almost never have to ask a question, because it has usually been answered perfectly in earlier posts, often with a tutorial attached. These are definitely the best forums around, and now they are even better with you as a member!

<font size=3 color="#0055ff" face="Tahoma">Gary V.</font>

<font size="-2" face="Verdana" color="red">The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel.</font>
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"