Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro 7 dose not support Arabic Text!!!

It has been atleast 18 years with so many versions of Xara software, yet and until now with the current version, Xara Designer Pro 7, still no support for Arabic texts!!!! Do you guys know why? Is it difficult, or costly? No, none of that .. it is just because Xara team does NOT care about Arabic support .. they never did, and never will!!

I started using Xara since 1995, and have upgraded to almost every version, though I never realy needed the upgrades, but was hoping that my support will help Xara team appreciate us Arabic users, and maybe they will add Arabic support one day!! Will, I was very stupid to believe that, so I am done supporting this stupid software .. no more upgrades until Arabic is supported!!

And Xara team should feel ashamed of themselves ... I mean there are tens of graphic software’s that support Arabic .. many of them are free, and most of them are cheaper than Xara!!!

If adding that will cost alot as others calim, then make a stand-alon Arabic version, and charge us $200 for each copy .. I will be more than happy to pay that extra, and I am sure most Arabic users will agree.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 7 dose not support Arabic Text!!!

According to WikeInfo, there are 6900 known, spoken languages.

Obviously Arabic is one of the major languages, and I agree it would be great to have an Arabic version of Xara.

We are planning to look at this again early next year. Every program is different and it may be that for others this is quite easy to achieve, but our initial view is that this would be a fairly major project for us. I'm hoping that this further research in the new year will discover that isn't the case, but I'm afraid I can't hold out any promises at this stage. The difficulty is not the language as such of course, it's the right to left - I'm not a developer and I don't know where the problems lie for them, but immediately I'm wondering how they deal with things like flowing text columns, text flow around objects, text along lines and stretchy buttons, not to mention wysiwyg web pages.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Kate,

There may be opensource solutions that might at least provide some clues and or code. For instance, OpenOffice (Iirc) handles rtl. As the code is open, it may be worth the developers taking a look.

Take care, Mike