Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gradient Mesh Tool

Having abandonded Adobe Illustrator some 6 years ago in favour of Xara Xtreme, the only drawing tool I really miss is their amazing Gradient Mesh Tool which seems to have been around forever.
    Incidentally I began vector illustration with the original Illustrator 88 - over 20 years ago.

Can you please take a look at how it could transform vector illustration productivity and consider including this in a future version?

For those unfamiliar with this tool here is a link to a youtube video that shows how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxqxXh5OdI

Ray
    Cheshire
    England

(gbpatriot)
    Last edited by gbpatriot; 17 November 2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling error

Default Re: Gradient Mesh Tool

Don't forget the coloring model as shown in the example vid...they sort of go hand in hand.

I actually miss being able to run 88. Simple, clean and fast.

Take care, Mike

Yup!

A gradient mesh combined with the render speed of Xara would be awesome!

In illustrator they substantially slow down the already sluggish refresh rate.

Marc

Hi Ray, in case you are unaware, Serif DrawPlus X5 has a gradient mesh fill tool - at 80 odd quid, it's a good deal cheaper than Illustrator.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.