Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Profile Arrow

Default Profile Arrow

Hello, me again. I found some tuts and have already run into a problem. Why is my Profile Arrow grayed out?

Thanks
    pslane

Default Re: Profile Arrow

Hi pslane.

From what I know, you have to apply an effect before the 'Profile' option becomes available.

You will see from the picture I have attached, first I drew a rectangle and you can see that I have selected the Transparency tool.
    But the Profile arrow is not available. It's Greyed out.

You can then see that I've applied a linear transparency and the 'Profile' option has become available.

I assume this is what you mean?

If not, then a picture to show what the problem is, normally helps to get the correct answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	profile.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	85219  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi could you give us a little bit more information to go on? If you are working on a tutorial can you give us a link to the tutorial and tell us what step you are having problems with? There are many tools that have a profile function feathering, transparencies, contours, blends... We need an idea where to start

Another thing that can be helpful to others trying to help you is if you can post your .xar file or at least a screenshot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks. I am not working on a tutorial yet. I just opened this for the first time and started playing with it and I made some shapes to try out the tools. I did apply a bevel to the star I made and a shadow but the profile didn't activate. Bear with me, I have alot to learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_screenshot.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	85226  

Okay I got it figured out now. I have to move the little slide bar over to more feather region size for it to activate. Thanks.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You are very welcome. The profile Arrow you indicated is for the feathering tool which is why you had to apply some feathering to activate it. The shadow tool also has it's own profile arrow which will show on the info bar when the shadow tool is activated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.