Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Repel Text

Default Repel Text

Having a problem repelling text right click on image or logo select repel text nothing happens, what am not doing right

Default Re: Repel Text

Is the shape or image in front (on top) of the text you desire to repel?

Mike

Mike
    Image in front (on top), I am the at start of building web site. Strange thing is if I move image to a seperate area of text it repels ok but move it back to the area I have just written and will not repel. Any ideas appreciated

Tony

Hi Tony--a file with a page demonstrating the issue would be helpful for someone here aiding you. Else it is rather difficult to know how the page is constructed.

Take care, Mike

Hi Mike
    Luckily was only just putting together the web decided to scrap it and start again, no problem repels text ok. Must have been something to do with the way I had loaded the text I think I may have overridden something.
    Thanks for your help knowing me I will be on again.
    Tony

I had the same problem, and was looking for an answer when I found this thread. I finally figured out what was wrong, so I thought I would share in case it happens again. I right clicked the actually text and saw that it was checked "Repel text under". When I unchecked it, everything worked fine.

Many thanks, as I had only just started a new web page I scrapped it and started again and repel worked ok, don't want to have to do that every time. Your tip is thankfully accepted not one I would have thought of, hopefully problem will not repeat,