Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Removing white background

I have attached 2 images.
    Without cutting out the chillie with a mask or saving the chillie image as a trasparent background and importing again, is it possible to get rid of the white area around the chillie and blend into the rectangle?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chilli.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	85177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	85178  

Default Re: Removing white background

you can do the sort of thing as attached by applying transparency from the bitmap gallery... [or applying stained glass transparency]

problem is - all white is removed - so the chilli becomes 'see-through' and that might create problems with backgrounds - only solution is to create a complementary buffer white shape behind it - but then if you do that you might as well have drawn round the chilli in the first place.....

sometimes the bitmap tracer is useful to create buffer shapes, but a simple shape like this should be easier to draw round
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you can do the sort of thing as attached by applying transparency from the bitmap gallery... [or applying stained glass transparency]

problem is - all white is removed - so the chilli becomes 'see-through' and that might create problems with backgrounds - only solution is to create a complementary buffer white shape behind it - but then if you do that you might as well have drawn round the chilli in the first place.....

sometimes the bitmap tracer is useful to create buffer shapes, but a simple shape like this should be easier to draw round
    Your image works for me. How did you make it?

select your image and then go to the bitmap gallery, highlight the image there and click on the gallery transp [transparency] button

you may need to tweak it after with the tools on the photo tool infobar

some discussion here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...nd-Why-can-t-I
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have done some tests on this file.
    Please find two images. First image is done AFTER step:
    1. go to the bitmap gallery, highlight the image there and click on the gallery transp

Second image is filled with yellow.

What will actually do bitmap gallery with transparency and second step Set Fill colour?
    As I see from my image1 it will set ALL transparent with white and also chilli area.
    As I see from my image 2 it will set fill colour yellow BUT issue is chilli area as it will be in this case (transparent area inside Chilli) also yellow.

Is this true?

Name:	Chilli_bitmapgalleryV1.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	85262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chilli_bitmapgalleryV2.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	85263  

I desaturated the image with a Xara transparency and made a bitmap copy. Then used the enhance plugin to darken the image. Then made a few black objects in the gray areas, and made another bitmap copy. This gave me a better transparency mask. Making a bitmap copy placed the image in the Bitmap Gallery.

Rich

Name:	CH1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	85266  

Hi, thanks for the help - I may have found the simplest method, apart from cutting it out with a mask.
    I used Live effects / Medhi / Eraser Classic. Fast & simple.

That's about right. Sometimes the Eraser removes too much white, but other times it's exactly what the doctor ordered.