Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question REPEAT in all pages seens not working 100%

Hi

It has been a very looong time since my last visit here, so I tried to search for my question on the different threads, and I was not lucky.

So I would like to have a helping hand on this matter:

Now I finally decided to make my website. After importing a website template from the gallery, I decided to darker just the header. Then I went to the tool repeat on all pages, and in fact all the remain headers got darker, but, and here I need your help, the repeating object has no the same attributes from the original and it is placed in front of all layers.

If I just go there and put it to back, the update repeating object nor the repeat in all pages will work.

Any tip about this?

Thank you in advance

Default Re: REPEAT in all pages seens not working 100%

Hi

Anyone can help here?

I would like to have your attention please.

Thank you

EDIT: I am using Designer pro 6
    Last edited by carlosgf; 10 November 2011 at 11:06 AM.

Not 100% on your problem but if you repeat an object on all pages the object will go to the top of all other objects on the other pages. If a similar object already existed on the other pages you'll end up with duplicates on these pages, one repeating, one not repeating. So if you've moved the new repeating object to the back it's possible you're seeing the non repeating header over it. If you're repeating something like a header that exists on other pages already you need to delete it from all these pages except for one and then repeat it on all pages so you don't end up with duplicates.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Would it be possible to post you .xar / .web file here? It would help being able to see the problem.

Thank you to you both for the reply.

xtom, your explanation helped me a lot to understand things. Thank you

Here I show you two image files with the "problem". I am not sure if what I want can be done in Designer Pro.

There is also another thing that is bothering me a bit: if I have several pages on my website (I took them from the Gallery) and I just deleted the whole text that was on the footer on the first page (the index page), why it did not erase the same text from the other pages when I choose "update repeating objects"? I have tested other thing, If I change that same text on the footer, adding new words, this will be reflected on the other pages when I click on "update repeating objects"

Am I missing something here?...

Here are the images

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	85184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	85185

Hi again!

Is there any other information to write here?
    Is my question understandable?....

Is that I am looking for this help. I am writing this for someone else to read it.

Thank you

Hi

If someone knows what I am talking about, and would like to help me in this issue, I would like you to write me something here.

Thank you

If you upload your .xar file, as was already suggested, I'm sure someone here could help you further. But in the case that's not possible, have you looked at the Repeating Objects chapter in the Help file? It might give you additional pointers in the use of repeating objects.

Hi @Boy

Thank you for your answer!

I understand what you have been asking me about the .xar file. What I want to know is that someone here has had something similar to what I have posted here.

I will ask an answer to the property support of xara.

Thank you

If someone has had something similar to this issue, I would like you to help me on this matter. I will thank you in advance.

Not sure if this will help, but pay close attention to your layers and make sure the item you are trying to repeat is on the layer that you want it to be on. Sometimes you may inadvertently repeat something on mouse over that should be on mouse off and the results get funky.