Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Designer 7 Pro Clipview Save Glitch

Okay I thought I'd cleared this up but here we are with the same thing. This is almost redone again from the beginning by tracing and yesterday - not a problem. Today, a problem. This same piece of work was present on the side, I wasn't bothering IT, and IT wasn't in my way, I just had it clicked as invisible. The project Im working on is pretty much unrelated and has been saved and auto saved dozens of times yesterday.

If u can maybe get the glitch again, explain like Im 2 yrs old, take a screenshot, be very specific, whatever u ca - I'd appreciate it cuzz I don't see a mask or empty layer. Maybe Im not understanding you...
    Yes, yes, and what if the core is made of CHEESE?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Can you post the file?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Angelize - Im sorry, I completely meant to have that file post on here and don't know why it isnt. I'll be sure to upload soon as (if) I find it again.

was looking around bored, got this POS and broke it down to these final pieces, and think this is enough. I've been able to apply a clip view and trigger that stupid glitch that wont save, unclip it and it saves with no problems. With the shapes OUTSIDE the clipviiew, I've been able to save, so its not about there being a clipview with the shapes present in the file.

So, there must be a number of things I've not tried cuzz well - if I figured it out, the there'd be no mystery. and where's the fun in that?

-further inspection-

I've looked at all the stuff in the galleries, noted the word2.gif name association (no idea what thats about) and tried removing, reassigning, etc.
    I've gone and deleted nodes down to 3
    I've tried convert line to editable shape, convert line to shape, combine shape, etc
    I've tried filling diff colors, bitmaps
    I've tried changing outline

okay, I just tried filling it with an image and now it works. But thats only half the mystery. The question is how did it get that way in the first place so I know how to avoid it next time. I still have a lot of files that use these little corrupted elements of whatever shape/fill mix-ups embedded in them
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alpinedigital; 17 November 2011 at 01:23 AM.