Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freebie

Default Freebie

I didn't notice this posted anywhere else...
    At this url: http://www.magix.com/?id=9192&L=52 they are giving away (as in free), for a limited time, Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 5.
    Get your download now!
    m

Default Re: Freebie

Thanks for the post!

Paul

Watch out for the 'Ask Toolbar' installation. You get the chance to opt out though.
    m

Yes, I spotted that. I'm suprised there hasn't been more of a stir at TG about it.

Yes, I thought it surprisingly quiet here also.
    I dl'd it on my machine with Pro 4 but it wouldn't install correctly, something about a database error.
    So I tried another machine and it installed perfectly.
    I did notice that you have to enter the activation code, then exit the program, then restart it, or it keeps asking for the activation code when a module was selected.
    All is good.
    m

Wait what? How?

Oh wait, you have to read the fine lines
    Photo & Graphic Designer 5 can be used free for 7 days. Register after 7 days and you will be able use the product unlimited for free
    I figured it was too good to be true
    Last edited by The Alien; 09 November 2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: addition

this is a problem ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

After you download and install it you get the opportunity to enter an activation code. It opens a browser page that wants an email address and a name. Fill that out and you receive an email with the activation code.
    Enter that and all is well.
    The Installation does add several other Magix programs that you can go to your Control Panel in Windows->Add Remove Programs and delete them if you don't want them.
    Again beware of the opt out for the Ask toolbar.
    m

Yes just make sure you reboot to set your key.Or xara will tell you the key doesn't work.
    I can't believe more folks aren't grabbing this up.I posted this in just about every forum i go to after they sent me the email.

You can not beat the price!
    Pretty cool.

Well blow me down. It worked. The registration was dodgy to say the least. I registered through the Magix Launcher and rebooted. But when starting P&GD via the direct shortcut I still got the registration screen which said the trial period had ended. I entered the reg code but it refused to work. Then I started the P&GD through the Magix Launcher and it worked. So I rebooted again and now the direct shortcut to the program worked as well.
    Also note that when you're registering, you need to have your browser open. I'm using Mathon which wasn't recognized, so I had to open an IE window. Otherwise I'd just get prompted for a code without having been to the web page. First time this happens. Every other program "catches" Maxthon without a problem.

Anyway it's nice to have this. I still (intend to) use X1 as my main drawing app, but you never know if this might come in handy. Thanks guys