Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Using PhotoShop Brushes in Xara - Tutorial series

Once upon a time in another place I started a series of tutorials covering the use of a handy little app to extract a .png from a photoshop brush and creative ways to use those .pngs in Xara. I've been asked if I would post these tutorials here, so for anyone who may find them interesting here are the first two and AbrMate the conversion app and many wonderful hi res brushes and textures can be found at TextureMate.com

paintspatterstecil_tutorial.xar
    Xaramagic_tutorial.xar

If you like these and would like me to do more let me know here in this thread and I'll continue on here from where I left off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Using PhotoShop Brushes in Xara - Tutorial series

Frances, please present your tutorials in a manner that does'nt require downloading filetype.xar, Some folks don't have the latest version of Xara and your file causes an error.
    Thanks.

I think they are Great! Thank You Frances!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Frances

Mike has a point: 'spurious internal error has occurred' is the error message I get when opening with an earlier version of xara

ok this is to be expected with a workfile when you should avoid regressing, but for tutorials if nothing else, it shows what can be done with latest version to those who don't [yet] have it - should be easy to post up a pdf just so it can be seen what's being done in a general way

which shouldn't distract from the fact that they are nice tutorials: thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Opens fine in Pro 4, with the usual font and unsupported effects warning.
    Thanks for the handy AbrMate suggestion.
    Keep up the informative posts.
    m

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm glad that you all are finding these helpful, I'll see what I can come up with as a way to do these tutorials so everyone is able to follow them and use them without problems. PDF may be the route I'll go but I may look into something else. Stay tuned for an all new #3!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.