Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile downloading brushes and fills

I've just been to the web site and downloaded a bunch of brushes and fills that are wonderful. I used the suggested for unzipping the files and then going to the disc fills and loading the files. I only got a few to load and then I got a message that suitable files could not be found. I checked all the folders that I created and everything is in there but I keep getting that same message. The brushes are another story all together. I went to the folder and dragged and dropped the files directly into the line gallery as a new brush but I can't remember how I save each brush so that every time I exit the program I lose all those beautiful brushes. Can you give me a hand, please! Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: downloading brushes and fills

you have posted this in off topic forum - which program are you using

assuming it is xara designer, then to keep the brushes you must save a xar file which has in it a brush stroke of each of the brushes - you can then open that file and the brushes should be available for use in other files open at the same time
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Xara's brushes are loaded within the Xara document so what I do is this: Create a folder for your brushes I call mine Xara Brushes. place all the .xar files that contain your brushes in this folder. open the designs gallery and at the top of the gallery click disc designs browse to your brushes folder and select it and click it to open it then click the add button, Xara will ask if you want to create and index, click yes and Xara will add the folder to the gallery. When you want to use a brush simply open the brushes folder in the designs gallery and double click the file you want to open it now any brushes that file contains should be accessible via the freehand tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Manny

from post you have made elsewhere I see it is xara - so I'm moving it to the correct forum

BTW - once you have opened a brush file you can close it straight away and the brushes still remain available for the session [you could also import the file and delete the imported stroke[s], the brush[s] remain available for session - this has the advantage you can't accidentally save over the brush file - just don't get the two methods mixed up ! ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...