Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Client Logins - adding secure login pages to Xara

Hi

Does anyone know if Xara can support login functions so that clients have a protected page to view photographs? I am designing a photography website and have been asked if I can incorporate this type of facility.

Any clues?

Default Re: Client Logins - adding secure login pages to Xara

Here's one way to do it - Steve Dawson's php method with Xara

http://xara-users.info/demos/php-pas...tect/index.htm

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I was going to ask the same question - a login page for clients to preview their finished website before publish. But I dont have php on my Windows hosting package.

I've seen a number of threads asking the same question. My login doesnt have to be massively secure, as no personal details are being displayed after all, just something to restrict access. I've seen some code online which can be modified, but with the downside that right click > view source code reveals all the functional usernames and passwords! (a little like hanging the key next to the door and just hoping no one takes it?) so I discounted that one. Have now started looking into Jotform - which has a password function and a conditional formatting option, i.e. if password = "NEWS" then go to "www.yourdomain.com" if password does not = xxx then you can display an error message, that kind of thing - but Ive realised that while this directs the client to a specified URL with the right password, once they're there all they need to do is cut and paste the web address, so you may as well just give that to them in the first place! so the page technically is still not password protected... unless there is some way to automically redirect to the login page if it is bypassed in this way?

I don't even need a username section - just a password, which is a reference number for that project, already supplied to the client.

So does anyone know of any free options - not using chargeable third paty sites or php which would do the trick even if a little Heath Robinson??

EDIT- the password protected page(s) will be in their own subfolder if that makes a difference - so I could create a new folder for each client if needed.
    Last edited by Megg81; 04 November 2011 at 09:36 AM.

Take a look at this "HTML Password Lock" works ok for me and gets good reviews.

http://www.mtopsoft.com/htmllock/index.htm

you create your page, save it as a htm file, then load in to HTML Password Lock, lock the page with a user/password (or unlock for editing)
    then upload the page to your sever using FTP (FileZilla). really simple and you can download a trial.