Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in time

Default Just in time

The doctor seemed excited when he said he could save my vision. I had made a mistake and had gone for an eye exam early. Felt like a deer in the headlights for a while.

Rich

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Default Re: Just in time

What is wrong with you eyes? My husband has macular degeneration.

Judi,

I have horrible blood. My parents never thought of mentioning any problem. So, daibetis and the things that go with it. My triglycerides are off the chart. Once before they were 11,000. Laser surgery starts next Monday. They do a little at a time. Something about blood vesels in the retina being turned to scar tissue to prevent enzymes. Sometimes the body worlks in reverse.

Rich

all the best Rich, can't rush these things, hope it all goes well
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hope everything is fine soon.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery Rich. I know that "deer in the headlights" feeling, a few months ago at a routine check up my doctor found a small mass where there shouldn't have been one, it was removed and sent for testing for cancer. As I've seen loved ones fight the cancer battle before, waiting for the test results was indeed a very scary time. Luckily it was benign and I am fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances,

We had a similar experience when the ENT told Laura she had an acoustic neuroma. Just said you got one, but it isn't my speciality so I cannot tell you anything.

I remember in the begining of things of seeing several keyboards floating in space. It was difficult to work on the computer. I also remember turing my head and waiting for the new view to appear. Very strange to have a lag. My vision was affected somewhat. There were several other symptoms.

The doctors gave me three month and I took early retirement to be with my family. That was about ten years ago. Working was very stressful.

Rich

All the best Rich. I to have for the past few years have had some health problems. Glaucoma set in after I had a severe brain hemorrhage and my doctor advised me to no longer drive, so I don't. That and shaky hands has forced me to give up painting, magic and most everything else I loved doing. Fortunately I can still use my computer and my beloved graphics programs, but typing has become very difficult. I am trying to learn a new (for me) program but it's been difficult, I'll get it but it'll just take longer. Anyway I don't know why I am posting this cause I really don't want to post my own troubles, but, I am just so you know you are not alone and my best wishes and prayers are with you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry,

The high Triglycerides caused lots of problems. I can no longer hold anything steady. My extremities were extremely painful. I still cannot draw for very long. 10 minutes, maybe.

The only positive thing that has happened was when Laura lost 80% of her hair due to meningitis. After a time the hair grows back thicker, longer and more colorful.

I can still rake leaves, however.

Rich

Hi Rich

Very sorry to hear about your health troubles. Most likely a daft question but ... is there nothing else they can do to help lower your Triglycerides more? I hear good things about omega-3 oils, although you probably already know about that.

Larry: sorry too to hear about your issues. I can definately sympathise with losing the ability to do something, that you used to enjoy/love (happened to me too).

Frances: That was good news (the final results I mean), phew, must have been a very stressful time.

Judi: I've heard of this, sounds scary. Hope he is not too badly affected by it (I believe there are different levels of it).

Wishing you well for Monday Rich and a good recovery. Take care.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!