Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: changing links

Default changing links

I have been told to change some of the page titles on my website for SEO purposes. The problem is that when I change the page title the links do not update, they now point to the old page which doesn't exist anymore. Is there any way of updating the page title so all the links are updated, or way to identify where all the links are for a certain page other than manually finding out each. The site has a lot of links in it between pages so it would take a long time and a lot of testing to do manually.

Default Re: changing links

Sounds like you are changing the file name instead of the page title.

Yes it is the filename I need to change, the page web address that shows up in the browser bar

Use the "link to" drop down to specify the page. Xara will maintain your links when you change the names.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuart1980link.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	84981  

I don't understand. Does this mean I have to click on each linking object individually and update the file names through the link drop down? I just want to change the file names and all the links update to the new names.

If you have linked using the "link to web or email address" then yes unfortunately.

When you link using the "link to" drop down Xara will manage your file names and will update, site wide, changes made to the page names in the "page and layer" gallery.