Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Holiday Season Fun

The holiday seasons are here. Thanksgiving is coming up, rolling into Christmas and let's not forget New Year's Eve. I thought it would be fun to see what the artists on this forum will be coming up with for the holiday season.

To start this off, I created a snowman that needs to be dressed. You can use the file that I have provided or create your own. So let's have some fun. Who knows, you may even come up with this year's Thanksgiving invitation or Christmas card.

I look forward to seeing who's interested in participating.

Paul

holiday fun.xar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holiday.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	84955

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Holiday Season Fun

Thanksgiving here has come and gone, and I'll be working on Christmas stuff after Remembrance Day so I'll post something then. Don't worry though once it gets a little closer I'll have lot's of holiday art on the go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you Frances, I was not thinking about this forum being international. That's even better, now we can find out about the holiday seasons around the world. Does this mean that I need to create a naked globe and have everyone dress it up? Anyways, if anyone has a special event for their holiday season, please feel free to share. I look forward to seeing your post.

Paul

Lets see now, a leather helmet, flying goggles and a leather jacket would look right at home.

I agree, that would look cool. Let's see what you got. There is no limitations, dress him up as you will. The only thing that will be hard is trying to fit the airplane in the globe.

I used your file but had to remake a lot of it just so I could animate the snow. Anyhow I added a scarf and a pot for a hat. Hope you like it.
    I know it is a little lighter than yours, sorry about that. Actually it's not nearly as good as yours. It's jerky to say the least but I had my reasons for making it a gif.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holiday fun 2.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	85214
    Last edited by wizard509; 12 November 2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Excellent job wizard, I like the way the snow came out. I have done a lot of animated gifs and it's very difficult to swirl the snow. Great job! I like his hat. Yes, I agree it's a bit light but overall, I like it.

Paul