Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default In a 30 day trial...but impressed!

I'm not a graphic pro by far, but I have owned previous versions of Corel PSP and Adobe PS Elements. I've grown tired of the resource heavy and large gigabite size programs that Corel and Adobe put out.

I've found the above programs so bloated that system performance actually suffers...but with Xara, it's a different story..

I'm impressed with the rather small size of the program and the sheer speed. I'm seriously considering a purchase of Xara when my evaluation is done. Keep up the good work Xara!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: In a 30 day trial...but impressed!

Hello mcman, and welcome to Talkgraphics, I've been using the pro version since 2007 and I haven't looked back You can get answers here to any questions you may have, and hopefully post artwork in the Xara art gallery here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi mcman.

I'm a complete amateur. I don't earn a single penny from doing anything on Xara.
    But, I have upgraded every time a new version comes out.

You may be wondering why?!

Well, just for the reasons you have mentioned. The programme is intuitive and easy to use.
    But more than that, it's FUN to use.

And as Frances says, if you're stuck with anything, then you will find hundreds of Xperts here, more than willing to help with anything you cannot do.

I don't have the skills of some of the Xperts you will see on this forum but with their help, I have achieved a satisfactory level.

So, don't think. Purchase NOW.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Hi mcman, welcome to the forum.
    Just thought I ought to mention that as far as I know Rik is not in any way connected to Messrs. Xara but is offering his opinion quite spontaneously.
    I have to say that I agree with him 100%. (I'm not in any way connected to Messrs. Xara either )
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

use the program that gets the particular job you want doing done in the most satisfactory way, don't go on about bloat that's a red herring..

'its the art stupid' as Mr Clinton might have said [and not the program..]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

xdp6 Re: In a 30 day trial...but impressed!

I've been using the program for many years now, and have always been very happy with it. Illustrator and CorelDraw are downright clunky in comparison. It suits my drawing style very well, and thanks to the folks here on this forum, I am still learning something new about it almost every day.

In fact, in just a few minutes, the Spookybeans PDF is about to be unleashed upon the world, and the project was created entirely in Xara Designer Pro, including the design of the fonts used (the letters were drawn in XDP6 and exported to bitmaps, which were imported into HighLogic's FontCreator), all of the artwork (except for the cover art, which was imported), and all the layout.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...