Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm giving buttons a shot, but I have this problem. My Home Page button always stays in the selected button mode. All the other buttons work, except they don't go into the selected mode. You can take a look at it on: davefraser.net/church/visions.htm
    I know it's me, so any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    dave

I'm giving buttons a shot, but I have this problem. My Home Page button always stays in the selected button mode. All the other buttons work, except they don't go into the selected mode. You can take a look at it on: davefraser.net/church/visions.htm
    I know it's me, so any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    dave

Hi Dave,

I took a look at your html for your page and found you don't have any change states for your "Home" button.

Compare the code sample from your page for Row 1 and Row 2.

Hope this helps.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htmltext.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	14883  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquilli,
    I see what you mean I changed the line to read like row 2. As you can see now it took away the selected button mode from Home Page. Question if I put this navbar on another page, and I choose that page, when I get there should the button be in the selected mode? I hope this is clear.
    Dave

Dave, I think I know what you are asking. When going to another page, the button for that page would be in the selected state.
    I would make it work that way, but I'm not a web designer. I've seen buttons that work that way on some sites and some sites don't. It seems to be what ever the personal preference of the site designer happens to be.

Perhaps some of our resident web designers will provide some insight for both of us.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

To get a selected state on each page,you will either need to make a separate set of buttons for each page, or code each button that matches the page name, with the "selected" button graphic that corresponds to that page.

To use the buttons without the selected state, put the code you now have on your Visions page into all of your pages, and the navigation should work just fine.

If you want more information on how to code the selected states, email me. (See my profile for email address.) The selected state is only there to indicate to the visitor what page they are on, in case they get confused about where they have navigated. It looks like a static state of the mouseover color. The selected state is not supposed to link to anywhere, since the button matches the page one is on.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I did I think figure it out. I had to do 13 pages to change to selected states. Many many thanks

Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dale Landry:

To get a selected state on each page,you will either need to make a separate set of buttons for each page, or code each button that matches the page name, with the "selected" button graphic that corresponds to that page.

To use the buttons without the selected state, put the code you now have on your Visions page into all of your pages, and the navigation should work just fine.

If you want more information on how to code the selected states, email me. (See my profile for email address.) The selected state is only there to indicate to the visitor what page they are on, in case they get confused about where they have navigated. It looks like a static state of the mouseover color. The selected state is not supposed to link to anywhere, since the button matches the page one is on.

_Dale_

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    HI Dale,
    I tried to use your E-mail address but kept getting a error message. So, could you e-mail me the information of how to code Selected states.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Use my email address without the "" and it will work fine.

Dale

- Lewis Carroll