Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How does one make Writable PDF forms submit to an e-mail address

Good afternoon. How does one take their writable PDF's and give them a submit button. Then the PDF with your answers to the questions are sent to an e-mail address.

www.lianndesigns.com/lawdatainc2 has on the form page three forms down the right side that are writable, but once you fill it out it only allows you to print them out. I need them to be sent to a built in e-mail address and then tie that to the Paypal or whatever account for payment.

Hope I someone can help. I have googled it and looked in the Cute PDF Professional and just can't make it do what I need. (I have Xara Web Designer 7 Premium)

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Liann; 25 October 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Default Re: How does one make Writable PDF forms submit to an e-mail address

You need to peruse the Acrobat forum for instruction on using javascript within the form. Chaining both actions, emailing the FDF data (or whatever format) and then going to PayPal is doable. There are a couple hurdles in so doing, but one can do this.

Personally, for form processing via a web site, I feel it is best to use html forms powered via PHP (if on a linux host) or ASP (if on a windows host). This needs to be (or should be) done using SSL for both the person's security and your liability--it is after all a lawyer's web site.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: How does one make Writable PDF forms submit to an e-mail address

Thank you. I will pursue html forms and think about all the other good advice you sent, too. I appreciate your help.
    Lisa