Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Martin Baker MB2

The story of the Martin Baker line of fighters is an interesting one to read. From the MB2 to the development of the ejection seat.
    The plane in the for-ground is a Martin Baker MB2 from the 30's and the plane in the background is their MB5 from the forties. The planes are 100% vector with the background a mix of vector and raster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martin__750.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	84879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Martin_wireframe.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	84880  

Default Re: Martin Baker MB2

Those permanent landing gear look like they would really slow the plane down?

I love the texture you have achieved on the paint on this one Graham. One of your best illustrations yet. And the clouds are extremely well done too.

Merv - This is what I was referring to when I suggested making one of your planes smaller and the other heroic. It adds drama to the scene.

Yes, i agree with Gary: the clouds are amazing. Off course all the illustration is top notch but we are already used to that from you.
    Thanks for sharing.

What a fabulous drawing.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

That is a beautiful machine Graham. The rivets, panel lines and the ribbing in the aft section are great as usual. I love the job you did on the panel stress at the rivet points.

I see what you mean Gary, I'm going to redo my drawing soon, I'm stuck on a M1A1 Abrams now so it will be awhile.

Merv

Perhaps the Ejector seat was devised due to the amount of pilots trying to get out of that MB2???

The MB5 is reminiscent of the underside of a Mustang with that air intake where it is...another couple of aircraft I'll now have to look up. Thanks Gray.

Yes, I have to second that. It is a beautiful machine. I always look forward to seeing your work. You have an eye for detail in everything that I have seen.

Thank you for sharing,

Paul

I always love seeing what you come up with Graham. Awesome job.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Gary, Meb, Rik, Paul, BR, Larry for you comments. I much appreciate feedback.
    The MB2 was ungainly in it's looks but the MB5 was one of the best. With Griffon power and contra-rotating props it was faster and had a much better climb rate than the Mustang. Martins partner and friend was killed testing the MB3 which probably brought about Martins push to create the ejection seat. An interesting story to read if you ever get the chance.