Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Support makes me.... Sooo Mad...

You know, I love the software...
    I've bought almost everything Magix/Xara has made...
    The last upgrade offer for Graphic's designer, I couldnt get the website to add the upgrade to my cart, kept on giving me an Error page...
    So attempting to get it resolved through Customer support... it took forever!!!
    So long between messages that I missed the upgrade offer, which really made me so mad.

I attempted to try the upgrade buttons again on the upgrade page recently and they finally worked (I didnt even change any browser settings, it just finally put the upgrade into my cart... however the offer was long over)

Support even closed my ticket as if to say F-off, the problems is in your browser, go away... (closed)... at least thats how it felt.

Not even an alternative suggestion (like ordering over the phone or something, Direct payment through paypal? something??)

Sorry all for complaining here... but I had no where else to vent...

So I'm still with Photo/Graphic Designer 6... bummed...
    My Humble Studio is here: SciRPG Studio

Default Re: Support makes me.... Sooo Mad...

That's pretty annoying. I know that feeling from ebay auctions where I wait until the end before bidding. I embark on some chore to return to the computer to find the auction has ended and the "bargain" missed.

The lesson for us both is not to leave things to the last moment. Of course, your browser should have done the job, but a backup plan would have been to run up an alternative browser. It's too late now, but I'm sure another offer will pop up.

I agree with Paul - another browser is always the next step... it still amazes me, the way everything is 'independently' updating all the time these days [or so it seems] that computers continue to work as well as they do

an automatic update to browser/plugin/AV/OS....... might be the reason it 'suddenly' worked - but who knows without a whole load more info?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yeah I tried both Firefox and EI, both failed.
    And I did start my attempts at getting the software upgrade from Day 1 of the announcement... like I said, it took forever for them to get back to me.

But anyways, I DID finally get version 7 (not pro like I wanted) but thats ok.... for now.
    My Humble Studio is here: SciRPG Studio