Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question combine many object text into one, just like coreldraw does , can we ?

i'm coreldraw user, till this day, but i saw xara has its own power. i tried just yesterday.
    i believe this software can do more then coreldraw does.
    my problem is, how to combine selected text ( not single object) into one object text.
    its can be done easily in coreldraw. just select all text and click combine, the selected text integrate as one object text contigousely. can we do the same way with xara designer pro 7?

Default Re: combine many object text into one, just like coreldraw does , can we ?

Hi,
    you can combine text objects as a shape but you will lose the text editing feature of the text, accomplish by selecting text and then "Ctrl+S' just create a copy of text first then you can still edit the text.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Default Re: combine many object text into one, just like coreldraw does , can we ?

I think you may have to convert the text to objects first, but yeah, you can combine text into a single object - so you can do things like fill all the text with a single texture or photo, apply extended gradiants of color or transparency, or whatever else you're going for.

I don't know of a way to concatenate several text strings into one text string all in one go - I think you will need to cut and paste each one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can connect your text if you use text boxes, just click and drag with the text tool to create a text box, you can type your text into the box and it will automatically wrap to the size of your box. To join a text box to another box either with your text box still selected just draw another box and they will be automatically linked or to join to a pre-existing text box pull up the bottom of your first text box(with the text tool) until a downward facing arrow appears click and drag from that arrow into the text box you want to join to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.