Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Something really cool...the wave of the future in 3D, no doubt.

Check out this video of real-time 3D reconstruction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGhaggn3cQ&feature=player_embedded#!

Have fun!

James

Default Re: Something really cool...the wave of the future in 3D, no doubt.

Pretty cool James. I can't help but wonder what kind of processor and video card power is required. I'm fairly certain my computer couldn't handle that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yeah, Larry, I was thinking the same thing...there must be some heavy-duty processing going on in order to convert the objects into 3D objects and simultaneously render them in real-time. When you watch old sci-fi movies, they often hinted at things that we would have in the future... In some ways, I think technology has gone past what was expected in terms of computing power and minimization.

They were really showing off in that video when they were running the physics simulation WHILE also doing the real-time scanning/rendering. All of those particles were suddenly dropped into the scene and fell wherever the physics determined they should go. It would be miracle enough, but factoring in the real-time production of same, it's just incredible!

Peace

James

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

wow that's quite amazing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

A similar video showing new research into placing realistic object into an existing photo. http://kevinkarsch.com/publications/sa11.html