Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help! Are both images similar?

Pic 1

Pic 2

How similar is pic 1 to pic 2?

How I make pic 2 so it will not resemble pic 1 at all?

Default Re: Help! Are both images similar?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Simple. Draw the image from scratch and do not just trace the image.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Simple. Draw the image from scratch and do not just trace the image.
    Thank you :]

It will be to hard for me to the draw the image from scratch.
    I'm not talented enough to do so.
    Is there any way with certain graphic tools to edit the image so the model in pic 2 will not be recognized as the model in pic 1?

well someone is going to have to ask... why do you want to do this?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well someone is going to have to ask... why do you want to do this?
    I want to use the pic in my web site. But because I don't have permission to use the model to promote my web site I can't use her pic in my site. So I want to change the pic in a way that the model will not be recognized in the pic.

technically though it would still be the same model, and that might still cause you problems

also is the photograph your copyright - you still need the copyright holders permission to change it if it is not yours, whether the model is identifiable or not

all these problems would go away if you just used it as reference and drew your own....
    Nothing lasts forever...

technically though it would still be the same model, and that might still cause you problems

also is the photograph your copyright - you still need the copyright holders permission to change it if it is not yours, whether the model is identifiable or not

all these problems would go away if you just used it as reference and drew your own....
    My idea is to edit the image in such a way that it will look like that I only used the original image as my reference and didn't just copy it. The question is how I do so?

I don't think I will be able to draw the image from scratch because I'm not talented enough to do so. But I want to edit the original image in such a way that it will be hard to see that I just edited the original image.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob1234 View Post
    But I want to edit the original image in such a way that it will be hard to see that I just edited the original image.
    which takes a lot of talent and skill - don't walk away with the idea that it will be any easier than drawing - quite apart from the copyright - it's not yours is it?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello Jacob1234,
    Welcome to Talkgraphics.
    I think thereīs nothing you can "apply" (as a processed effect) to that image or any other copyrighted image for that matter that will "remove" (at least entirely) the copyright. Even if you apply lots of filters/effects the shape of her body and his position in the scene will always remain the same and will turn any alterations "identifiable" and easily related with the original. Even if you abuse with the effects to the point itīs not identifiable anymore you will probably end up with an useless image for communication purposes.

You can try to enter in contact with the copyright holder and ask for permission, or if thaīs not viable, look for paid royaltie free stock images (small images for web use are quite affordable) in commercial stock image sites.

Another option is to try to get some for free (even for commercial use/no copyright) at sites like http://www.sxc.hu/.

Or you can always try to draw a slighter diferent image from scratch as already was sugested.

which takes a lot of talent and skill - don't walk away with the idea that it will be any easier than drawing - quite apart from the copyright - it's not yours is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MEB View Post
    Hello Jacob1234,
    Welcome to Talkgraphics.
    I think thereīs nothing you can "apply" (as a processed effect) to that image or any other copyrighted image for that matter that will "remove" (at least entirely) the copyright. Even if you apply lots of filters/effects the shape of her body and his position in the scene will always remain the same and will turn any alterations "identifiable" and easily related with the original. Even if you abuse with the effects to the point itīs not identifiable anymore you will probably end up with an useless image for communication purposes.

You can try to enter in contact with the copyright holder and ask for permission, or if thaīs not viable, look for paid royaltie free stock images (small images for web use are quite affordable) in commercial stock image sites.

Another option is to try to get some for free (even for commercial use/no copyright) at sites like http://www.sxc.hu/.

Or you can always try to draw a slighter diferent image from scratch as already was sugested.
    Thank you! :]

I didn't succeed in contacting the copyright holder.

I tried lots of other pics but so far I'm only happy with the one I posted.

My question is if someone tried to sue me for violating his copyright or if the model sues me for promoting my web site with her image how they can prove that I didn't draw the image from scratch? I can claim I only used the photo for reference.