Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exporting as PSD

I am getting access violation exceptions when I try to export my work as PSD. I have to do this because when I try to export as PNG, I get white lines through the image. Only exporting as PSD fixes that (suggested by a user here).

I'm a long time XX user but these exporting problems are starting to get me down and make getting my work done very frustrating.

The reason I get the white lines is because XX says there are unsupported transparencies on my layer. I'm only using the transparency icon and perhaps one plugin effect. This happens with almost every piece of work I do. I find it hard to believe I'm the only person this happens to.

the last two exceptions were at 0x009AC37 and 0x009DEBE6. Mean anything to anyone? I only have 1-1/2 weeks left to get my work done and I have 5 more textures to do. Help.

Oh...btw, I am using XX5Pro. I have P&G Designer7 but I haven't installed it yet. Do you think it might help?
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Exporting as PSD

Hi Burpee,

The white lines problem may be caused by combining feathering and stained glass transparency. If you can avoid using the stained glass transparency type, you won't get the warning messages and you should be able to export PNGs without the white stripes. (I realise that might not be viable because stained glass is very useful but I'm just giving you the info.)

I don't understand why exporting as PSD would fix your problem but anything's possible.

Regarding the exceptions when exporting PSD: Please submit a bug report (a "ticket") to support.xara.com with a sample file if you can. Thanks.

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for the info. My XX files are huge with lots of transparencies. I forget what I used where but I use the feathering alot.

One problem I have with feathering is that it only goes up to 50 pixels. I am working on a 4096x4096 right now and 50 pixel feathering is useless in some instances. I have to take the image into a photo program and paint in what I need with a soft/feathered brush. I'd prefer to use XX. Drawing a line, converting to shape then feathering is the fastest way to get what I need often.

I don't know why the PSD would work either but it did on my last project.

Today I got an error that I haven't seen since previous versions of Xara. I wanted to apply clip view and export my image but when I selected all and clicked on ARRANGE, I get an error message that grouped bevels cannot be ungrouped and it asks me to remove the bevels first. I don't want to ungroup anything. I want to apply clip view but I can't get in to do it.

Is there a shortcut keystroke I can use to clip view?

I've never submitted a bug report before....support.xara.com...ok, just looked. I can do that. Thank you.

Edit: I opened my new X7 and took out the shortcut menu. I see that Q will clip view for me...cool, worked.

I just opened the file I wanted to do a bug report on and now it lets me export as PSD without error messages. I wonder if rebooting my computer did anything to help. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    ...Is there a shortcut keystroke I can use to clip view?...
    "Q" and to un-clipview, ALT+Q
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

And I just noticed your edit ... doh! Getting careless in my dotage
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I'm finding all kinds of helpful shortcut keys for when XX won't let me access the arrange menu because of my bevels. I am using group, to the front and clip view most.

Is there shortcut keys for 'move to back layer/move to front layer'?

Ctrl-F moves an object to the front of the layer it's currently in. Ctrl-B moves it to the back. Ctrl-Shift-F moves it one step forward, Ctrl-Shift-B moves it one step back. I'm not currently aware of any keyboard shortcut that moves objects between layers, however.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Thanks for the added info.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    ...Is there shortcut keys for 'move to back layer/move to front layer'?
    This should help, Nancy. Second image is via Right click on the object in the Layers palette.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap01.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	84821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap02.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	84822  

~Fred