Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default png and transparency

Hi,

I am trying to get an image from a 3d program, saved as png to take into xara, the background is white, so I assumed once i take it into xara, that because it was saved as png that the white portion would be invisible.

It did not work, any other method for achieving the same result?

Thank you.

Default Re: png and transparency

Depending on how complicated the image is, sometimes I import the image to Xara, then created an outline shape of the solid areas from the transparent areas, and do a Combine/Intersect. If it's too complicated however, I import to GIMP, select the transparent color to represent the Alpha Channel, save as a tranparent PNG in GIMP. Then import to Xara and go from there.

png does not automatically have a transparent background - look at the export/save options from the 3D program, if you tell us which 3D program it is someone may be able to give you more precise info
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here's a PNG with alpha transparency inside XDP.

It does work, but the PNG actually needs to have the true color + transparency in it first.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trans_png.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	84819  

well i played with the idea. I take the render into photoshop, then i take out the background which is usually white. Then i save as photoshop again and open in xara. This does it. Or I save it as png from photoshop, but only after i remove the white and open it in xara.